Community level strategies:
- Support communities to provide accessible, affordable, quality licensed childcare.
- Support communities to provide accessible, affordable, quality family friend, and neighbor care (FFN) and informal childcare.
- Increase coordination and support of K-6 after school programs involving schools, city services, and community based organizations and parents.
- Engage investors in socially motivated investments that enhance access to childcare and after school care (school impact bonds).
- Engage legislators, schools, community decision makers and philanthropy in determining strategies to ensure long-term financial sustainability of childcare and after school programs.
- Engage organizations, legislators and community decision makers in developing strategies to ensure high quality family, friend and neighbor care (FFN).
Return On Investment
Because young people learn and develop at home, in school, and within the community, the experiences we provide during out-of-school time are a vital part of their journeys. When our children can benefit from an opportunity for a service-learning, art, or music program, we are strengthening the foundations of both their future success and the future well-being of our communities.