- Margaret Brodkin, mother of the San Francisco Children and Youth Fund, the country’s largest and one of the first dedicated funds – founder and director of Funding the Next Generation
- Elizabeth Gaines, senior fellow at the Forum for Youth Investment, and a lifetime children’s budget analyst and advocate, and policy coordination expert
This first ever National Institute is for teams from cities and counties who want to learn more about how to create local public dedicated funding streams. Participants may include children’s advocates, elected officials, system and coalition leaders and foundations. This will be a hands-on, how-to convening. We are limiting registration to 20 communities, with teams of 2-3 people.
The Institute will cover topics ranging from:
• Benefits of local funds for children, youth and families
• Successful funds in diverse communities
• Public revenue sources for dedicated funds
• Steps and strategies in passing a local funding measure
• Using the electoral process to fund children’s services
• Assessing the level of readiness in your community
• Next steps you could take
Submit a team interest form at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/dedicatedfunding
Have a question? Email Elizabeth Gaines email@example.com Sponsored by: Is your city or county ready to create a dedicated public fund for children and youth?